Posted Mon, 09 Jul 2018 23:40:25 GMT by Public

Consultation and Next Steps

We want to hear from you regarding proposed By-law No. 60. You can add your comments and thoughts by using the form below, or by email here.

You can view the comments made to date below. Please note that all comments are reviewed before they are posted to ensure that they comply with our Social Media Policy.

Although it is not possible to answer individual questions that are posted as part of the online consultation, questions will be compiled and FAQs posted periodically. If you have a specific question regarding the by-law, please send us your question by email here.

Resources

• Click here to view the CMRTO’s current by-laws.
  • Click here to view proposed By-law No. 60.
  • Click here to view a presentation on proposed By-law No. 60 delivered by Tina Langlois, Internal Legal Counsel.
Posted Mon, 09 Jul 2018 23:52:14 GMT by Organization

Consultation and Next Steps

We want to hear from you regarding proposed By-law No. 60. You can add your comments and thoughts by using the form below, or by email here.

You can view the comments made to date below. Please note that all comments are reviewed before they are posted to ensure that they comply with our Social Media Policy.

Although it is not possible to answer individual questions that are posted as part of the online consultation, questions will be compiled and FAQs posted periodically. If you have a specific question regarding the by-law, please send us your question by email here.

Resources

• Click here to view the CMRTO’s current by-laws.
  • Click here to view proposed By-law No. 60.
  • Click here to view a presentation on proposed By-law No. 60 delivered by Tina Langlois, Internal Legal Counsel.
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2018 06:40:53 GMT by Public

Regarding the fees, I quite like the opportunity for members who are resigning to be able to 'bank' the amount they have left to help pay for any future fees when they reinstate. I imagine that this will be most often used by members who are going on parental leave, which is a bit difficult to schedule around someone's birthday and when they have to pay. Same with members who are resigning while they are off on injury/illness.

However, I totally disagree that there should be a 14-day grace period after a member's fees are due before they are charged a late fee. Members pay their fees on their birthday. They have a whole year to remember to pay, to save up to pay, and to reach out to the College beforehand if they feel they are unable to pay, plus they get a reminder a month in advance. If this change is instituted, instead of members reaching out to the CMRTO and saying "hi, my birthday was yesterday, can you wave the late fee, I forgot," it will just be members reaching out to the CMRTO saying "hi, my birthday was 15 days ago, can you have the wave the late fee, I forgot." I don't think it's actually going to change anything, it's just going to push the same conversations back by two weeks. If anything, it will just make it worse because now instead of hearing "there are no exceptions, everyone who misses their birthday is charged a late fee," the member will be able to say "well, you've already given me two weeks, so what's another day or two?"

Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:07:38 GMT by MRT

Very easy to understand...love the plain language!  I also think it is great that each speciality has only one representative on council going forward.

Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2018 04:31:17 GMT by MRT

I actually quite like the grace period for the membership fee. A lot of sonographers hold various licenses from different organizations, and each will require us to renew our membership at different times of the year.  Hence, it is really not just as simple as to remember one's own birthday, not to mention that many, including myself, don't even celebrate/remember our birthday when it comes.

Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2018 23:57:59 GMT by MRT

This is good news but not fair to all members.  Why is the college offering a credit but not a refund of unused fees. I have been a member for almost 40 years.  I have always paid my fees on time and have been a member in good standing.  I will be retiring in the next few years with no intention to return to the profession.  A refund of unused fees would be very helpful to anyone who retires.  As we are not returning to the profession, we stand to lose our money. I understand fees are not refundable, however my suggestion is to refund unused fees rather than credit it back when a member returns. This would be fair to all members and we are not penalized for retiring after putting so much into a profession we love so much. I know other members who are in a similar situation like me and we feel the same way.  I also want to thank the college for doing such an amazing job and thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2018 23:48:36 GMT by Organization

Nice work on the on-line presentation, and congratulations on preparing a single by-law that combines all the information into one well written and easy to understand by-law. 

Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2018 00:16:17 GMT by Organization

Nice work on the on-line presentation, and congratulations on preparing a single by-law that combines all the information into one well written and easy to understand by-law. 

Posted Wed, 01 Aug 2018 06:26:51 GMT by MRT

Much easier to understand.

Posted Thu, 02 Aug 2018 00:40:51 GMT by MRT

Well done on making the bylaw easy to understand!

I agree with the comment that there should be provision of fee refund for those who retire from the profession. 

Posted Fri, 03 Aug 2018 03:19:08 GMT by MRT

Great idea making the webinar. That and the information posted on the website make it very easy to understand the changes to the by-law.

Since I will be retiring in the next 5 years, I also think members should be refunded unused portions of their annual fee. I works out if you can retire on your birthday but otherwise it won't.

Posted Fri, 03 Aug 2018 03:21:13 GMT by MRT

i like the idea .

Posted Sat, 04 Aug 2018 02:15:34 GMT by MRT

In regards to the fee section 26.8 and related to the comment about refunds for retired members: What will happen if a member decides to relocate or leave the country and does not intend to come back within 5 years? why wouldn't you refund this amount rather than keeping it as a credit? 

Posted Sat, 04 Aug 2018 03:40:14 GMT by MRT

Thanks for the webinar it was helpful to understand the changes being proposed. 

I do like the ability to have a credit for fees paid during leaves however I also agree with the suggestions that there be an exception for retiring MRT's whereby there could be a one time refund for that purpose. 

I also agree with some of the comments regarding the grace periods for payment of fees in that I don't feel there should be a grace period.  I can see where there are extenuating circumstances, that there should be an opportunity to exercise your right to waive the late registration fee however I do feel that there is plenty of effort on the part of  College to provide reminders and although sometimes some would like to forget their birthdays...It is a ready made reminder that should make it hard to forget.  Allowing a grace period actually might make it harder to remember.

Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2018 00:17:45 GMT by MRT

Its good idea that we have a grace period,also the webinar is a chance for all to communicate . Thanks

Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2018 06:54:17 GMT by MRT

I  LIKE  IDEA  OF  REPRESENTING  SONOGRAPHER  AND  RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST  UNDER ONE ROOF IN ONTARIO IN CANADA

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 03:17:47 GMT by MRT

Fees are too high ! No insurance , no CMEs ! No way!

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 03:38:43 GMT by Public

too much of money for no benefits .WHY ?

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 05:52:55 GMT by Public

Are u aware that sonographers of Canada are already holding a license of Sonography of Canada which is a federal organization? Why should i apply for Cmrto than? And pay 113+531+PLI???

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:07:21 GMT by Organization

It is not acceptable high member fee for sonographers, whose rate is average 25 -  30 CAD per hour. We  pay ARDMS 75$ and Sonography Canada 284 CAD ( includs PLI and free CME). Why CMRTO wants grab our money ( 630$ ! ) without any benefit ?! Without PLI, without free CME. In this case price for member should be comparable with ARDMS price 75 $, not more !

Also we would like to know ,where is the law, prohibiting practicing in Ontario for those sonographers, who hold ARDMS ( highly respective organization for many years ) and Sonography Canada certificates/ member card?

- from 10 highly experienced sonographers