Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:41:59 GMT by Public

Are u aware that sonographers of Canada are already holding a license of Sonography of Canada which is a federal organization? Why should i apply for Cmrto than? And pay 113+531+PLI???

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:44:51 GMT by Organization

protecting patient from sonographers that note registered with cmrto??? but if i pay 113+531+pli than its safe ???? non sense. PROTEST!!!!!!

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:46:57 GMT by Organization

I have prepared petition protesting the sonographers to become meembers of cmrto and paying 113+531+pli!!!! and MPPs are working on it!!!

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 06:58:29 GMT by Public

I am a certified with ARDMS and Sonography Canada experience ( 15 years ) sonographer. I do not agree with new rule, that I am not allowed to practice in Ontario without CMRTO . How come?! So, Sonography Canada / ARDMS will be   illegal organization in Ontario ? ! No way. CMRTO shoul be voluntary for those , who have ARMS/ or Sonography Canada certificates.

CMRTO price for sonographers should be the same as ARDMS - 75$, not more.

Our salary is much lower, than MRT/ physicians, we can not afford CMRTO.

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 11:21:20 GMT by Organization

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2018 11:23:47 GMT by Organization

I am wondering why my comments were not published? please be an open and transparent

Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2018 10:16:52 GMT by Public

shame on you for money grabbing 113+531+250+CME's!!!!!!!!!! Protest!!!

Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2018 10:19:35 GMT by Organization

as a group of sonographers we have presented a petition to MPP from Thornhill and Woodbridge. Protesting the fee!!!!! PROTEST!!

Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2018 00:30:00 GMT by CMRITO Communications

This consultation relates to proposed By-law No. 60 only. You can review the proposed changes and additions in writing here: https://www.cmrto.org/what-we-do/consultations/Proposed_Bylaw_No_60_Changes.pdf.

There has been much consultation by the government and CMRTO regarding the framework for the regulation of diagnostic medical sonographers in the public interest. The consultation on the proposed regulation to regulate diagnostic medical sonographers with CMRTO closed on October 17, 2017, following a 60-day consultation period.

You can view the Registration Regulation here: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/930866?search=medical+radiation+technology+act. The Registration Regulation enables the CMRTO to register diagnostic medical sonographers as a fifth specialty. All the information including the legislative changes, regulation changes, consultations and communications that CMRTO has been engaged in for the past year can be found here: https://www.cmrto.org/who-we-are/about-sonography/. There are also two webinars on the topic which can be found here: https://www.cmrto.org/resources/videos/.

By the end of the one-year grandparenting period at the end of 2018, all individuals practising as a diagnostic medical sonographer in Ontario must be registered with CMRTO in order to practise as a diagnostic medical sonographer in Ontario, and to apply soundwaves for diagnostic ultrasound.

Information about the online sonography application process can be found here: https://www.cmrto.org/members/sonography-application/.

Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2018 02:51:50 GMT by MRT

Very easy to understand. The only part I would like to see changed is when a member retires and will not be practicing any longer they should receive a refund not a credit for the time left in the year. Retirement should be on its own and not part of resignation language. 

Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2018 01:54:57 GMT by MRT

With a potential two week allowance before late penalties are charged, how would the CMRTO public registry reflect the status of an MRT in that time frame?  When administrators check that their MRTs status is current on the public registry, do they have to check again after the 2 week period?

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 04:04:26 GMT by MRT

As a sonographer for 30+ years, I am thrilled that we finally have a college to join!  Thanks for having us! For those whose comments above are negative, they truly do not understand the importance of insuring that all who practice ultrasound are now accountable to have the same education and skills.  This improves the perception of our profession and ensures the public that they are receiving an exam from a skilled and knowledgeable technologist.  The by-law changes are well thought out.  I would agree that a grace period is not necessary, that the credit for parental/sick  leave is acceptable although as one moving closer to retirement, a one-time refund would be well appreciated.

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 04:11:55 GMT by MRT

The fees are already rediculous. Why is it that a MRT in Canada(Ontario) pays $531 annually and In the USA it's $25? Even with a State fee, depending on State, It's only an additional $30-$60 with most having multi year options. Don't forget that nurses also pay much less than we do. 

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 05:10:02 GMT by MRT

Definitely approve the new grace period. However, as more members are being encompassed by the CMRTO, shouldn't the fees per member be reduced? This shouldn't be any different than nursing or other professional bodies.

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 05:53:22 GMT by Organization

I like the idea ,so clear ,thank you so much 

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 06:57:49 GMT by MRT

If there are free cme courses on line for the members , it will be big help.

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 07:47:32 GMT by Public

Regarding the fee management:

- the college should refund instead of banking the remaining portion of the annual fee regardless the reason/ good standing. No credit should be retained by CMRTO. By-law no.60 should show more flexibility and allow refunds.

- the 5 years interval for reinstatement will discriminatory affect female DMS who are willing to have 3 consecutive pregnancies or members who are finding themselves in other difficult situations, not under their control or will ( parent/ child with sudden disability)

- for safety and confidentiality reasons there should be no link between the birth date and the fee payment deadline, which should be moved toward the end of the year. This way, all members should pay their annual fee before starting the new year of work and nobody should be punished with an exorbitant fee around their birthday.

- if the member has valid reasons for not paying on time the annual fee, no penalty should be applied

- It takes at least 10 years of preparing a really valuable DMS, with wide expertise, dedicated to the profession and to the patient and most of the time DMS are treated disrespectfully to say the least.

Please keep in mind that in this profession the learning never ends, so we are never perfect. Doctors are the same. We are all human beings.Sometimes we are too overworked, we do mistakes, we learn from them and we never repeat them and that is continuous learning. So, regarding by-law 28 section 6.1(x) and RHPA Code section 23(2) - only the result of a disciplinary action should be acknowledged, as no DMS should be mentioned before being proved guilty. What is the point of making public a false accusation? How can that serve the DMS to better themselves, the CMRTO and the patient? Please explain.

- Fees are extremely high, compared with other organizations and in rapport with our incomes. Please keep in mind that it is mandatory for us to pay other fees and CME credit courses of 475 CAD or more/ year. Please explain how are the CMRTO fees contributing to the well being of the CMRTO or to the patient? How is the fee used within CMRTO?

Thank you

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 08:21:26 GMT by Organization

Much easier to understand 

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:09:21 GMT by MRT

Retiring members should be given a pro rated fee amount. Currently we are offered a credit when we retire based on the slim likelihood that we may return to work . (?)

Members on maternity leave get the prorated amount 

This is DISCRIMINATION.  

If we have paid fees for 20 plus years, out of respect our final year should be pro rated in accordance with our last day of work. Members do not always retire on their birthdays. We may retire on the anniversary date  of  our pension plan contribution.

The credit is a joke. It's a loophole for the association to keep  overpayments in their pockets. 

I find this bylaw very disappointing. Please change it for fairness to all members young and old alike.

Regards, CEH

(Financially  contributing since 1988)!

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:54:23 GMT by Organization

Good idea, but i think fee is too high. At least it should include CME and insurance. Sonographers rates are not too high in Ontario and to pay more than 500 CAD is appreciably.