Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 11:08:06 GMT by MRT

I welcome the addition of sonographers to the CMRTO. Some of my points are in rebuttal to protesting comments.

For those who struggle with why Ontario, the federal government does not control regulation - the provinces do. Each province will make their own decisions. Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and MRI MRTs make the same salary as sonographers and we afford the fees. Ontario is more progressive in that regard. Other provinces do look to us appreciating the structure and self-governance.  The college brings prestige, brings pride to our professions and validates our role as health care providers to our interprofessional colleagues. It is difficult to see what the fees support but do understand the work the college does to represent you and to protect the public. 

I agree as well when MRTs resign in good standing with no intention of return, if there is 3 months or more of time outstanding, a refund of the remainder would be the appropriate thing to do. 

Thank you for the opportunity to add comments!

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 11:55:23 GMT by MRT

Would you please send a generlization for mangers to to change our title as DMS for our new identification.. thx 

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:34:38 GMT by Public

Absolutely agree with all the comments posted by sonografers from the 21 of August. Lots of us are holding  just  part time positions due to various reasons including health issues due to occupational hazards. For the ones who are not employed in the hospital systems, the existing fees and the cost of CME are already very taxing. Most sonographers I know, pay these out of their own pocket, working for 30$ an hour at the best, with no health benefits etc.

The proposed fee is unreasonable. Must be refundable when sonographers are not able to work, retire, relocate etc. 

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 14:29:44 GMT by MRT

Retirees should get a refund of unused portion of fees. They deserve more consideration at the end of their careers. 

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 19:20:14 GMT by Public

hi ,

WE  are being charged more than the ARDMS member ship fee which is not fair as we are  working in CANADA and Canadian organization charges more member ship fee than the AmricIan counterpart .As my income is very low as compared to other as most are working 8 hrs a day while i work only 5.5 hrs a day IN MEDYSIS  HEALTH GROUP TORONTO. As  CMRTO charges more memebership fee they should also facilitate us accordingly . We expect more relive and benefits from CMRTO .

THANK YOU .

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 21:43:30 GMT by MRT

I am not understanding why each of us pay an outrages ammount of $470 every year. Meanwhile council members make 150$/hr 

, CEO makes $250/hr when they are performing duties of the college. 

We don’t make anywhere near $150-$250 per hour performing out MRT roles, which have turned into incredibly labour intensive, factory-like work. 

There is no reason why so many members should have to pay $470 every year, on top of requiring insurance, etc. Our careers have become low income, low satisfactory ones. This by-law gives the CMRTO too many rights into making their own wages and most likely continue spiking the $470 fee we have to pay in time. This is not ‘acting in the members best interests’ as you should lower those ridiculous wages and meet our best interests by lowering that $470 outrages fee.

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 21:46:06 GMT by Organization

Ridiculous fees! Lower your wages and lower our fees!

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 22:53:34 GMT by MRT

I agree with the earlier comment about fees on birthday being given a 2 week grace period. It really isn't necessary. In this day, we can all give our electronic calendars reminders and even set up auto pay. no need to delay the payment. Happy Birthday to me.

As for the refunding of fees. It would have been wonderful for when I went on mat leave, I had to pay the years fees to work for 2 weeks...deciding not to resign and start my mat leave before I needed to. Earning more income in those 2 weeks than my fees were...BUT...where do you stop with this?? When does it become fair? the comments about retiring, leaving country not returning. what other scenarios will arise?  I do not think fees should be refunded. I think they should be held for payment if you return within the five 5yrs. It costs money to run the organization. If you want your few hundred dollars back then plan your retirement around your fees due date. I know this wont be a popular statement with those considering leaving soon. And unless rules have changed, you still have a 3 month window to resign in good standing without paying.

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 22:56:31 GMT by MRT

Regulation is a must in Ontario, but is it possible to adjust the annual fees to accommodate members who are working part time and casually? We can use part of the fee to purchase PLI. 

Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2018 23:58:08 GMT by Organization

This is certainly a good idea to bring all under one roof, but for the sonographers the fees is too high, and there are no CMEs and no PLI coverage...

Posted Sat, 01 Sep 2018 07:31:19 GMT by MRT

It makes sense for the Council to be composed of members of each discipline, and for this I congratulate the CMRTO.

I don't understand, however, why this by-law that combines all the previous by-laws into one is known as "By-Law Number 60" and not as "The CMRTO By-Law".

I would like to say, however, that since the Council is the only authority on the by-laws, would any comments make a difference?

Posted Sat, 01 Sep 2018 14:04:25 GMT by MRT

Sounds good to me.No additional comments.Thanks.

Posted Sun, 02 Sep 2018 01:30:18 GMT by MRT

Now it is very clear and easy to understand.Webinars are very helpful.

Posted Sun, 02 Sep 2018 05:17:08 GMT by MRT

Rules and regulations are required for quality service. All professional services should be regulated and monitored. CMRTO what will do about registration those who are internationally educated, trained and have no job right now / nor Canada work experiences?  

Posted Sun, 02 Sep 2018 12:16:01 GMT by MRT

The membership fee is too expensive especially give there's no insurance or other significant benefits. 

It's hard for us to pay such a high amount as not every technician have stable hours and very high salary. 

Posted Sun, 02 Sep 2018 19:47:02 GMT by MRT

Posted Sun, 02 Sep 2018 22:40:36 GMT by Organization

I like the idea of having single by law. It is easy to understand.

Grace period to pay membership fee without penalty is a good thing as unexpected things can happened to anyone. Also paying back unused portion of annual fee is a good move, however I feel membership fee is still way too much when compared with other organizations(ARDMS, Sonography Canada). 

Posted Mon, 03 Sep 2018 10:16:19 GMT by Public

Fees are too high.

Posted Tue, 04 Sep 2018 01:31:16 GMT by MRT

Hi

I agree with the previous comments re: Fees are too high ! No insurance , no CMEs !  

I would sign that petition. 

And I am all for a grace period, things happed sometimes in life and sometimes you need it. 

Posted Tue, 04 Sep 2018 03:13:51 GMT by MRT

If you retire then the unused portion of the fees should be refunded and not kept as a credit.