- ensuring that the appropriate order authorizing the performance of a procedure, treatment or intervention is in place prior to performing that procedure, treatment or intervention
- performing procedures in accordance with the Standards of Practice and within the scope of practice of the profession
- which regulated professionals are authorized to order specific forms of energy for medical radiation and imaging procedures (updated)
- fetal ultrasound for non-medical purposes
- issues affecting students and applicants prior to their registration with CMRITO
The document also includes a decision-making chart for performing a procedure - a practical and useful tool that all medical radiation and imaging technologists will find helpful in carrying out their responsibilities.
Please click here to open a PDF of this publication
As well, CMRITO will be hosting a lunchtime webinar on What you must know about … performing procedures on Wednesday, August 10th at 12:15 pm.
Please click here to register to attend this helpful and informative session led by CMRITO Registrar & CEO Linda Gough